Unlike camping tents, camping hammocks allow you to be spontaneous, since they are not as bulky and can be set up anywhere as long as there are poles or trees to tie them to. However, if you haven’t used one before, you’ll need to get the best camping hammock to ensure that you get the best experience, because, otherwise, you will hate the whole idea.
Below, we have compiled a list of the 5 best camping hammock and we have reviewed them in detail to help you make a quick, but informed choice.
5 Best Camping Hammock
1) Hennessy Hammock Jungle Explorer Zip Deluxe XL Series – Top pick
- Weight capacity: 320 lbs.
- Size: 4”x7”x19”
- Weighs: 300 lbs.
- Includes: webbing straps, strong support ropes, detachable rainfly, mosquito mesh (no see um), a stuff sack, and gear loft.
Why we like it:
The Hennessy Jungle Explorer Zip Hammock is the best for frequent campers. It is super easy to set up once you read the set up instructions or watch the set-up video on Hennessy’s website. It’s also super durable, and very comfortable. It comes with everything you need to set it up and other essential accessories such as the rain fly and a mosquito mesh.
What stands out?
First, there is the Hennessy hammock with a bottom entry that allows you to get in your hammock hustle-free and quickly. This is a good design especially when you want your hammock set a little bit higher because, otherwise, you’d struggle getting in and out. It’s also the best design when camping in an area with a lot of mosquitoes because they won’t follow you inside.
Second, there is the side zipper entry which is also easy to get in and out, but even better when setting up you beddings. However, unlike the bottom entry, some mosquitoes might get in, so always check this out before sleeping.
One of the major concerns for people who want to use a camping hammock for the first time is how comfortable they are to sleep in, especially for a long time.
The Hennessy hammocks features this asymmetric design that gives you all the comfort you’d get from your bed, while also giving you enough room to stretch. With this design, every part of your body gets enough support and you wake up feeling fresh.
- A double layer bottom made of 40d nylon for mosquito protection
- In between the bottom layer is a heat-reflecting doublebuddle pad
- Integrated rain fly system and a bug net
- Very well made
- Great asymmetrical design for comfortable sleeping position
- Rain fly sides open to parallel position allowing more airflow and can also be pulled down tighter when it gets too cold or in case of heavy rains
- It packs down a tad larger compared to most camping hammocks, but you can get the snake skins as they would help you pack it down a little more tightly.
You can never go wrong with a Hennessy camping hammock. They are designed to keep you comfortable, while also protecting you from the harsh weather and bugs. They are super durable and easy to set up.
2) Wise Owl Outfitters Double & Single Camping Hammock with Tree Straps – Most popular choice
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Size: SingleOwl – 9ft by 4.5 ft. wide, DoubleOwl – 10ft by 6.5ft wide
- Weighs: SingleOwl 16 oz. and DoubleOwl 26 oz.
- Included: two 9ft tree straps each with 5 loops, 2 D shaped Carabiners, carry bag,
Why we like it:
This is the most popular camping hammock. It has a 4.8* rating on Amazon from close to six thousand people which is a clear indication that it’s a great product. It is very affordable and also made from the heavy duty and high-quality 210T parachute nylon, thus very durable. And, you will love the extra soft yet sturdy material.
Super compact and lightweight
You can pick the SingleOwl hammock, ideal for one person and weighs just 16 oz. When packed, it’s as small as a grapefruit, meaning you can easily fit it in your backpack. Alternatively, if you want a camping hammock for two, you can go for the DoubleOwl, 26 oz. in weight and the size of an eggplant when packed down. Either way, you won’t need an extra bag to carry your hammock.
Setting the hammock up
This camping hammock comes with carabiners and tree straps, so setting it up is super easy. It is super lightweight and you will easily have it up and ready for use in no time. The best part about these tree straps is that you won’t be tying any knots, which can be challenging at times. Another thing is that the straps are long, 9 feet and have 5 separate loops, thus allowing you to easily and quickly adjust your hammock to the desired height.
- Super strong parachute material
- Very comfortable
- Strong stitching
- Easy to set up
- High quality material
- Very durable
- Doesn’t come with a bug net or rain trap but you can buy them separately.
The Wise Owl Outfitters Double & Single Camping Hammock is not only strong, but also super comfortable. It is also inexpensive and the performance makes it totally worth your money.
3) Lost Valley Camping Hammock – Best value
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
- Size: Single hammock
- Weighs: 4 pounds
- Included: Mosquito net, 2 tree straps, rain fly, 2 guy lines, 2 stakes, and 2 12kN aluminum carabiners
Why we like it:
The Lost Valley camping hammock is an all-year-round camping hammock and it comes ready for use with all the necessary accessories. It’s also super comfortable, easy to set up, and also lightweight. The included rope and cords are of great quality and it’s easy to store.
All in one camping hammock
This hammock might cost a little bit more than most options out there, but it comes with everything you need or might need when you find yourselve in the outdoors. It’s fit for use all year round and you won’t be buying any extras. It comes with a rain fly, which is very important since the weather can be unpredictable at times. It also comes with a mosquito net, so you can rest assured that you won’t be nursing those itchy bites.
When it comes to the general construction, this hammock is made from a tear resistant parachute material, and everything is held together by strong stitching and knotting. As such, it can comfortably hold 350 lbs. which is great for a single hammock.
It’s also a very portable camping hammock. First, it is lightweight despite it being a heavy duty hammock, and everything it comes with fits easily in the included drawstring bag, and the total weight is just 4 pounds. This is a hammock that you can take with you anywhere, and it’s also super easy to set up.
- All-in-one camping hammock
- Features an accessory pouch for your phone
- Heavy duty
- Strong stitching and knotting
- Lightweight and durable
- Super easy to set up
- Doesn’t come with setting up instructions, but you won’t need them as everything is straightforward.
This is a great camping hammock and it comes with all the needed extras to make it complete for camping. Totally worth buying.
4) ENO – Eagles Nest Outfitters DoublesxNest Lightweight Camping Hammock – Best double camping hammock
- Weight capacity: 400 pound
- Size: 5”x5” (packed), and 9’ 4”x 6’ 2” (unfolded)
- Weighs: 19 ounces
- Included: attached storage bag, nautical grade line, aluminum wiregate carabiners,
Why we like it:
It’s a camping hammock with a knotless suspension system. Again, the hammock is made of very strong nylon material and it will perfectly hold two adults without ripping. If you’re looking for a two people hammock/ double hammock, get this one. It’s also super easy to set up and very comfortable.
Compact and lightweight
For portability purposes, this hammock is super compact and also very lightweight. As such, you can easily pack it down and fit it in the attached storage bag. Also, it doesn’t add any significant weight to your backpack, but this does not compromise its capacity to hold two people. It is the best camping hammock for two, and you can also use it for lounging or hiking because it’s not only compact but also very versatile.
Setting it up
Setting up a hammock can be challenging but not with this one. It features a simple design and it also comes with carabiners. However, you will need to buy straps separately and it also doesn’t include other accessories such as a mosquito net or rain fly.
It is ideal for use by either two people or just one person. It’s super comfortable and also easy to get in and off.
- Very durable
- Comfortable for two people
- Available in various beautiful colors
- Easy to set up
- Compact and lightweight
- Hammock straps are not included
This is a versatile hammock. It is also easy to set up and packs down compactly. There is no doubt about its durability.
5) Lawson Hammock Blue Ridge Camping Hammock and Tent (comes with a bug net and rainfly) – Most versatile hammock
- Weight capacity: 275 lbs.
- Size: 22”x 6”
- Weighs:25 lbs. with poles
- Included: detachable waterproof rainfly, a bug netting, 2 interior storage pockets, 2 O-rings in the ceiling,
Why we like it:
It’s the every backpacker’s dream combo, a hammock and tent! It features an awesome design that allows one to sleep comfortably. It is also compact and lightweight, so carrying it around won’t be a problem.
If you are torn between getting a camping tent or a camping hammock, this makes it easier for you by giving you a tent and hammock in one. It is the most versatile hammock in this list and also super comfortable.
It perfectly fits any type of camping (bike camping, canoe camping, car camping, etc.) And with a flatter bed, you will probably get the best sleep ever while out camping as you won’t feel trapped or cocooned no matter your sleeping position.
When it comes to setting it up, the Lawson Hammock and tent will take you just a few minutes even if it’s your first time using it. Being super lightweight helps a great deal when setting it up and also the simple design as you won’t be trying to figure out what goes where especially when it’s raining or using limited lighting.
- A tent and hammock in one
- Features two O-rings on the ceiling to enable you attach lights or anything else
- Has two storage pockets on the inside
- Super lightweight and compact
- Comes with waterproof rainfly
- Comes with bug protection net
- Straps not included, but it’s compatible with all strap types and webbing ropes
You won’t go wrong with this Lawson Camping hammock and tent. It has a simple but highly functional design especially when sleeping as the sleeping surface is flatter than most hammocks. It also comes with a rainfly and it’s bug-free. There is nothing to hate about it.
Camping is fun and the experience gets even better with the best camping hammock. The list above contains only the best hammock for camping and you won’t go wrong with either. Happy camping!