Always remember to carry a camping knife in all your camping trips as it performs a variety of functions like slicing ropes, scaling fish, and prepping tinder. Different knives come with different features, for example, folding knives are convenient to carry and do smaller cutting jobs while fixed blade knives are known to offer reliability and strength.
We will be reviewing the five best camping knives for you. Here are our top picks.
1- Buck Knives 192 Blade Fixed Blade Knife
The Buck knife is great for hunting and camping as it comes with a unique finger guard which protects your hands from sliding towards the blade part when using it in a thrusting motion like when stabbing.
Also, the handle is also ergonomically shaped in a slight curve, making it fit well in your hands during regular use. The blade is made of steel for maximum durability and cutting strength while the handle is made of wood for a good grip and a comfortable feeling.
Again, it comes with a leather sheath to store the fixed blade and it looks stylish. There is a snap fastener situated on top of the leather sheath which holds the blade in the sheath when not in use.
- The curved handles are comfortable to hold when using
- It has a protective finger guard which prevents you from injuring your hands
- A durable leather sheath
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Great for versatile use
- Not a folding blade; therefore not easy to carry
2- Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool SwissChamp Pocket Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army pocket knife is a functional tool that allows you to explore the outdoors during your camping trips. It comes with 15 different tools like a wide range of folding knives with different designs, which makes it a great survival kit for any type of situation out there. The knives are made of stainless steel which makes them sturdy and durable.
What’s more, the knife set is easy to carry as all the knives fold easily in their compartments and can perform 33 functions. It features a large and small blade, a Phillips set, wood saw, chisel, tweezers just to name a few, which you’ll find great for your camping adventure and any general do it yourself jobs at home.
- It is a toolbox in your pocket as it performs 33 different functions
- The set is made of stainless steel for strength and durability
- It’s easy to carry it as the set folds easily into place
- Great for camping and other do it yourself activities at home
- The manufacturers give you a lifetime guarantee against material defects
- The main blade is not a locking blade, but it is still effective when cutting
3- Kershaw Blur Black Pocket Knife, (1670BLK)
The Kershaw Pocket camping pocket knife is designed to protect your hands from injury when using or storing it. The reversible pocket clip secures the knife whether the tip faces up or down in your pocket.
Also, the anti-slip grip is great for holding onto the knife when your hands get slippery. It comes with an assisted opening mechanism which makes it easy to flip the knife open with just one hand. The folding blade measures 3 ½ inches long and is made of stainless steel for durability while the handle is made of Anodized aluminum for the best grip when skinning or slicing.
- The foldable design and the reversible pocket clip gives you portability convenience
- It comes with an easy to open mechanism
- The blade is made of stainless steel for durability
- The Trac-Tec handle provides grip in slippery conditions
- A versatile knife for different functions
- The knife is quite pricey, but worth it
4- Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
If you are looking for a tactical knife, then go for this camping knife. It comes with a high-friction rubber grip which allows you to maintain your hold on the knife when performing your camping tasks. The blade is hand-to-point thanks to an ergonomic extended handle which allows your index finger to hold onto, and made of high carbon stainless steel for strength and durability.
The manufacturers included a strap over the hilt, which makes carrying it easier in the woods. Plus the knife comes in nine different colors, so you have a variety to choose from. The only setback that we identified is the plastic sheath, we think it is a cheap addition and it lowers the overall quality of the knife.
- Plenty of colors to choose from for those who love camouflage
- The high-friction rubber grip gives you total control on how you handle the knife
- The fixed blade is good for utility use like carving and slicing
- It is affordable
- The blade is partially serrated
- The blade becomes loose in the plastic sheath
5- SE Outdoor Tanto Knife with Firestarter
The SE Outdoor Tanto knife comes with a magnesium alloy Firestarter carefully tucked in the sheath’s additional pocket in case you need to start a campfire quickly. The cord wrapped on the knife’s handle is made of thick nylon and it gives you a good grip when using the knife and is also great for other cording functionalities. The full fixed tang tanto blade is tough for most camping activities like cutting and slicing. Plus it measures only 4mm which makes it convenient and easy to carry for long camping trips.
- The nylon wrap is good for cording functions
- The Firestarter is a thoughtful addition during camping
- It’s small in size, making it easy to carry
- The fixed blade is partially serrated for different cutting functions like sawing
- It comes with a long-lasting nylon belt sheath
- Due to its small size, it is not good for some survival and defense situations
There are lots of camping knives and that’s why this review helps you make the right decision when purchasing knives for camping because camping with the wrong knife can be a nightmare. We hope you find the right knife that has all your preferred features to make your camping experience more fun.